Women traditionally have less access to education in Africa. According to research, Ivory Coast is the country that has the highest illiteracy rate for women. The biggest barrier is the lack of resources in schools, especially in rural areas. To address this issue, we will partner with one school that assists females, to develop and improve their infrastructure for a better environment that promotes learning and increased access to resources (school buildings, furniture and fittings, water, sanitation and electricity).
- More than 1 in 3 adults cannot read.
- 182 million adults are unable to read and write.
- 48 million youths (ages 15-24) are illiterate.
- 22% of primary aged children are not in school.
- That makes 30 million primary aged children who are not in school.